What are the Kings Dominion events each month? When does Soak City, the park's no-extra-charge water park open? When does Halloween Haunt and Winterfest, the park's new winter-themed event, begin?
There's always something going on...and some of these events can even get you discount tickets.
Look below for info on Pass Member Preview Day and Opening Day, plus more special event dates.
Remember, the park opens for the summer season on March 24. Soak City opens on May 27 for the summer season.
Note that ride availability will depend on what the temperature gets up to each day.
March 23 - Pass Member Preview Night - 5 pm to 9 pm
March 24 - Opening Day
Here are special Kings Dominion events by month. And look below for links to the Kings Dominion Hours & Operating schedule as well as discount ticket info.
• Passholder Preview Night: March 23, 5 pm to 9 pm
• Opening Day: March 24
• Character Birthday Breakfasts with Snoopy: Select Sundays once a month, May-Oct.
Celebrate a birthday with a special Character Breakfast with Snoopy and his friends from 10:30 am to Noon on these select dates. Tickets range from $10 and $15 for kids and adults respectively (not including parktickets). Besides the priceless photo ops, you'll get an all you can eat breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage with sausage gravy, bacon, biscuits, French toast, fruit, and more.
• Easter Eggstravaganza - March 30-April 1 - 11 am to 5 pm - Join the park's annual Easter Eggstravaganza with Easter eggs, a scavenger hunt, photo ops with Eggward, the Easter Bunny, and visits with Snoopy, the "Easter Beagle."
• Spring Break - March 30 - April 8
• Autism Awareness Day - First Saturday in April? - They've offered this event at this time the last several years, but I can't yet find any date set for 2018. For now, here is what they've done in the past: Enjoy a meet and greet with the Autism Society from 10 am to 3 pm under the Eiffel Tower. They will also offer ear plugs a Kid Traker wristband, and gluten free meal options.
• "Taste of Virginia" - Weekends, May 4-20 - Sample foods from regions in Virginia, from meatloaf and apple pie, to Chesapeake seafood and Brunswick Stew. Note: You must be age 21 or older to redeem wine or beer tokens.
They don't yet have 2018 ticket details available for these Kings Dominion events, so I'm leaving up last year's info for now to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Add "Taste Tokens" to your existing park admission ticket: Food "tastings" are sample size and food tastings range from 2-4 tokens each, while wine/beer tastings are 4 tokens each. Tokens average $1.60 each and can be purchased in groups of 3, 6, 9, 11, and 15.
- "Taste of Virginia" Admission + Tokens Combo: For $56.40 per person, you'll get a single day admission plus 9 tokens.
• Soak City Opens - May 26 - Get a water park experience at no extra charge!
• Memorial Day Weekend - May 26-28 - Enjoy live entertainment and fireworks free with your ticket.
• Run and Ride - June 2-3 - Enjoy 10K, 5K, and 1-mile races with the Run and Ride Race Series. You'll also enjoy a free ticket to the park with your entrance fee.
Military Days - May 26-28 and June 30-July 8 - The park honors the military with special events and free park admission to all active, inactive or retired US Service men and women with valid military I.D.
• Girl Scout Day - June 9 - Enjoy special events, discount pricing, bridging activities, and Girl Scout patches.
• Multiples Day - June 17 - Celebrate twins and other multiples at this special day.
• Kingsfest - June 21-23 - Free with admission, you'll have access to concerts by Christian artists including For King and Country, Toby Mac, Mercy Me, Crowder, Rend Collective, and Zach Williams.
• Star Spangled Extravaganza - June 30-July 4 - A special Independence Day celebration with fireworks and free admission for all active, inactive or retired US Service men and women with valid military I.D.
• Joyfest - July 14 - Free with admission, you'll have access to concerts by Christian artists including Fred Hammond, Tye Tribbett, Tasha Cobbs Leonard, and the Walls Group.
• BBQ Brew and Fest - Aug. 4-19 - Perfect for beer/BBQ lovers with ribs, craft brews, live music, and more.
• Coaster Campout - Aug. 17-18 - $250 per campsite - Your chance to camp overnight in the park gives you admission for four, admission both days, early rides each day, free meals and snacks, one breakfast per person, and bottled water. Click here for details.
• Halloween Haunt (Weekends, End of Sept-Oct 31) - For all you need to know, go to my dedicated Halloween Haunt page.
Before you plan your visit, be sure to check out these pages, or go to the official Kings Dominion site:
Virginia Beach Family Fun
Kings Dominion Events
Jan 20, 19 05:05 PM
Today, Jan. 20, is the last day to take advantage of Busch Gardens Williamsburg's New Year's deal, offering 30% off single or multi-day tickets to the park when it opens in March. Buy today, and you'l…
Jan 08, 19 08:33 PM
Normally, I'm a DC-to-parts-unknown kind of girl. But I wanted to save our family money on a recent trip to Florida, so I decided to give discount airline Allegiant a go (with some trepidation). Was i…
Dec 02, 18 08:45 PM
Kings Dominion Winterfest Adds Holiday Fun to the Park