Ocean Breeze Water Park - Wet & Wild!
Water, water, everywhere! And what a blast! The Ocean Breeze Water Park is the hottest (or coolest, depending on how you look at it) place to go in Virginia Beach.
Just 1.5 miles from the waterfront, it's the only water park in Virginia Beach. So what's it like? How does 16 water slides, a 1 million-gallon Runaway Bay wave pool, a Buccaneer Bay children's area, West Indies BBQ, Island Trader Gift Shop, and Shipwreck Island Arcade sound?
New last year: A four-chute water slide, a new Caribbean theme, and the Hook's Lagoon! Look below for a $3 off coupon...
Our fave spot: the Runaway Bay Wave Pool, which generates boogie-board worthy waves from time to time. When you hear Queen's "We Will Rock You" you'd better run to the Wave Pool--that means they're about to start making waves.
|Buccaneer Bay is the pirate-themed kids' area. |
A few tips:
- Don't forget the sunblock!
- Be prepared for a workout! You have to climb lots of stairs to reach the slides on most of the rides.
- Although you could probably take a chance and just leave your clothes on a chair (not money, of course) they offer convenient lockers where you can stash your stuff all day. Lockers are $7 for the day, but you get back $2 after you return the key, so they really only cost $5. We were able to stuff four people's worth of stuff into one locker. The keys are strung on elastic bands that you can wear safely on your arm.
- For little ones and those who are a little unsure of their swimming ability, they offer life vests. Kids rides include a fun Pirate Ship, so there's something for the whole family.
- Pass on the inner tube rental. It costs $7 for a two-person inner tube, but since you can only use it in the Wave Pool, it's not really worth it.
Admission...and How to Get Discount Tickets!
|The Runaway Bay Wave Pool at the park. |
open daily starting at 10 am from Memorial Day through Labor Day each summer. Closing hours vary wildly; after school is out (mid-June) they're open until 6 pm or 7 pm, and until 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Make sure you call to find out the exact hours for the day you want to visit.Ocean Breeze Water Park phone number:
Ocean Breeze Water Park Discount Tickets!
Want to get $3 off admission? For a $3 off coupon (good for up to 6 adult admissions), pick up a copy of the Sunny Day Guide at the stands along Atlantic Avenue. Or go to www.sunnydayguide.com.
Also, try Virginia Beach Vacation Market
, which has locations along Atlantic Avenue at 16th, 25th, and 31st Streets. Open 7 days a week, they offer discounts to Ocean Breeze Water Park and other local attractions and restaurants.
Ocean Breeze Water Park Admission
All-day (Single-day) Admission prices are as follows (note: they don't include city or sales tax):
Adults $31.99 ($27.99 when you purchase it in advance online!)
Children (3-9) $23.99
Children (2 and under) FREE
Season Passes: $69.99 when you buy them online by June 17 - $5 more after that or when you buy them at the gate
|Buckets of fun are yours here! |
***Water Park Camp! They also offer a Lifeguard Camp. For details, go to the Ocean Breeze Water Park website: http://www.oceanbreezewaterpark.com/events/.
Directions to Ocean Breeze Water Park
The park is conveniently located near the Virginia Beach boardwalk, next to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. You can take the other Wave" - The Virginia Beach Trolley
" - to get there from the boardwalk area.
Just take the Route 31 Museum Express (the yellow line) which runs from the south end of the Boardwalk and ends at the Virginia Beach KOA campground.
If you want to drive to there, here is a Google Ocean Breeze Water Park map.
Looking for More Things to Do in Virginia Beach?
Check out these links for more great activities and tips for Virginia Beach!
More Virginia Beach Area Attractions
Everything You Need to Know about Planning a Virginia Beach Vacation!
Our Daily Deals on the Virginia Beach Blog
Return from Ocean Breeze Water Park to Virginia Beach Attractions
Go to Virginia Beach Family Fun Home Page
Go to Site Index