Virginia Beach Rental - Timeshare Tips BEFORE You Buy!
Considering a Virginia Beach rental timeshare? The word "timeshare" stirs up conflicting images. Some people swear by them. Others wouldn't touch 'em with a ten-foot pole. We've put together some tips you should consider before taking the plunge.
We turned to the ARDA (American Resort Development Association) for suggestions on what to look for. They offer tips to consider before buying a timeshare, including:
- Buy a timeshare if you plan to use it in the future--not as a financial or real estate investment.
- Choose a timeshare that will provide a vacation that fits your needs both now and in the future. (Don't buy a timeshare in Vegas if you never plan on going there again.)
- Make sure you actually stay at the resort or Virginia Beach rental where you're considering purchasing a timeshare. Talk to existing owners there to see how whether they're satisfied.
- Read all documents carefully and understand the type of product being offered. Unclear about anything? Ask for clarification of terms.
- Ask if the resort is an ARDA member. Member companies of ARDA must adhere to the ARDA Code of Standards and Ethics.
- Look for signs of good management (is the property well-maintained? Are the staff friendly? If you don't like something now, you may hate it in the future (kind of like choosing a spouse!).
- Check the resort’s affiliation with an exchange company and review its internal exchange policies and member benefits. Don't just assume you'll be able to buy a Virginia Beach rental timeshare today and be able to exchange it for a timeshare in Hawaii or London next year.
- Hoping to exchange in future? Buy the most desirable unit in the most popular season or the largest points package you can afford.
- Make sure the vacation product really is a timeshare (timeshares are carefully regulated). If it is, it will be registered as one under state timeshare laws. Check to make sure. If it's not, proceed with utmost caution...if at all.
Looking for a Virginia Beach Timeshare?
Here are two well-known, reputable Virginia Beach Rental and Timeshare companies--
Gold Key Vacations - Probably the best known timeshare agency specializing in Virginia Beach timeshares.http://goldkeyvacations.com/Vacations-For-Life/
*They also specialize in timeshares near Busch Gardens Europe and Colonial Williamsburg.
Vacation Timeshare and Rentals - It bills itself as the internet's largest timeshare marketplace.http://www.vacationtimesharerentals.com/United-States/Resorts/Virginia/
Considering Other Options?
If you're considering a hotel, check out our Accomodations page. We'll give you select hotel reviews, plus a great tool that can get you a great rate in record time.
Thought about camping? Virginia has a variety of award-winning campgrounds packed with amenities. We've even found one in VA Beach that offers ice cream socials, marshmallow roasts, flashlight candy hunts and hayrides. Click here to learn more.
Return from Virginia Beach Rental to Rentals Main Page
Go to Main Page - Virginia Beach Family Vacation Getaway
Go to Site Index